The Manhattan Desk: After 7 Weeks, I Finally Completed My Dream Project




It has been a dream for me to create a replica of Manhattan since I was in design school (although it is not really the whole Manhattan, since I have to decide where to stop or the desk would be too big to build).


It is about 7 weeks of work for this desk, excluding many many hours of designing.


Material: glow in the dark filament; abrasion resistant; acrylic; plywood. 30″ by 60″ by 32″. Material logic: the clear acrylic legs mimic the fallen Twin Towers; the corner four LED lights will forever shine into the night. The laser cut plywood with burn edges represent the earth and the clear acrylic symbolizes the lightness of the water. Methods: 3D printing, and larger laser cutting.


Top view



Wall street with LED light on



Glow in the dark effect



Looking north



LED effect



Looking from south to north



Glow in the dark effect



Looking north



With LED lighting underneath Manhattan and four LED lights on the four corners



Financial district



Midtown



Wall street



Making-of









thats my post
The Manhattan Desk: After 7 Weeks, I Finally Completed My Dream Project, Please look pictures collection the following house design. Like Ornament design, Furniture design, Interior design, Living Room Designs, Bedroom Designs, Bathroom Designs, Kitchen Designs, Teen Room Designs, Furniture design, Accessories design, Decoration design, Accessories design, Kids room design, Dining room design.It might be able to inspire in designing your house.

Previous
Next Post »